Forums Mitsubishi Forums Lancer Lancer 08+ Lancer 08+ DIY Installations US Spec Sportback Rear Fog Install (Facebook for videos)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy Auger
    Participant
      • Topics1
      • Replies0
      • Total1
      • Spectator

*****FOG WRITE UP*****
      Items you will need:
      Rear fog light!
      Philips screwdriver
      Ratchet
      10mm socket
      Electrical tape (or soldering gun)
      Wire strippers (I used a lighter and my fingers)
      Zip ties for your bumper (unless you’re prepared with extra trim clips)
      16-24 gauge quick connect clips
      Couple other basic tools might be forgetting
      https://www.walmart.com/…/3M-540H-Wire-Connectors-…/36141671 (near bulbs in auto)
      16 gauge wiring (30ft) any auto store or Walmart (also in auto section near bulbs)
      Patience!

HOW TO:
      Step ONE——Remove clips holding the right or left (pick ONE side or drop the entire bumper) side of the bumper, no need to move to center of bumper (DISCLAIMER****I DID THIS BY DROPPING THE RIGHT HALF OF THE BUMPER AND ACCESSING THE LEFT TAIL LIGHT FROM THE INTERIOR ONLY)

Step TWO——Remove (2)10mm bolts on inner part of hatch when raised (patience)

Step THREE——Pull back on bumper to drop it from the rear of wheel and retainer area you just removed 10mm bolts from. Be careful not to bend or crack your bumper around tail light area, I’ve removed mine many times and can do it easily now (this is why some may choose to drop entire bumper for easier access)

Step FOUR——Reach In with a ratchet and 10mm socket to access two 10mm bolts holding current cover on and remove bolts then remove four screws holding cover in with small Phillips screwdriver then POP IT OUT!

Step FIVE——Take the rear fog light and pull both prongs out of the harness since we do not have a harness in the states to plug in to. Tug them right out of their base. No need to cut them

Step SIX——Take your 16 gauge and run one length in from inside of the tail light at the back of the assembly to the fog light housing area for correct length then cut as needed. Make TWO as you need one for positive and one for negative.

Step SEVEN——Strip ends of 16 gauge on both wires and attach to prongs of fog light. Connect to a 12v source to determine positive and negative then mark accordingly

Step EIGHT——Insert fog light and mount with (2)10mm bolts from cover you removed. Run wire from behind bumper right into the car (I didn’t find an easier way or have patience to look, but this works)

Step NINE—Cut (2) 10” 16 gauge lengths and strip enough to intertwine with fog light lengths you stripped previously, take these and attach one each to separate quick connect clips.

Step TEN—-Attach clips where power comes in to the running light of your tail, will have to pull back or cut some of the boot around the harness, then power out to the fog light positive. Then attach second clip to any black wire on the tail harness for a ground or find your own ground securely anywhere you choose! You don’t even need to use the tail for ground like I did.

Step ELEVEN——Tape connections or solder, replace bumper by reverse method of removal and YOU’RE DONE! You have no got yourself a JDM/Euro fog light on your US spec Sportback. If you want to do the brake light, SOL I’ll update later if I ever find more time guys 🤙 but I really hope this helps and if anybody has questions just ask!

VIDEOS!!!

Before and After Picture!!

• This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Jeremy Auger.
      • This topic was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Kevin Brown.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    X